Fitbit devices have a loyal fan base. I, for one, cannot live without my Fitbit tracker. However, at times, I go nuts figuring out solutions to simple things like how to change the Fitbit time?
If you have been using Fitbit long enough like me, you will know that sometimes, the time can be just a little bit off. The question is, how can you set it right? Today, I will answer this very question and share with you not 1 or 2 but 7 different ways in which you can do so.
By now, you might be thinking, why use different methods to do so? The answer is that Fitbit does not allow you to input the time digits to set the time manually. It synchronizes the time for high accuracy. There are seven different ways to synchronize the time in your Fitbit tracker once again. With my guide below, you can go through the methods and pick the one which is most suitable for you.
How to change the Fitbit time using your phone?
Do you plan on changing the Fitbit time with the help of your smartphone?
If yes, the first three methods which I will highlight can help you out.
Method 1: Try syncing it again
The first method is pretty obvious, but it does the job in most cases. Your Fitbit device can often display the wrong time if you have turned off the all-day sync option. The all-day sync option allows it to mimic the phone’s time and synchronize the device with your phone’s time from time to time. Nevertheless, syncing your Fitbit device is quite easy.
- You have to make sure that your tracker is connected with your smartphone.
- The first way in which you can sync it once again is to refresh the dashboard by pulling it down.
- A long term solution is that you can turn on the all-day sync option. It will ensure that never again, that time of your tracker will deviate from your smartphone time.
In the majority of the cases, following this procedure ensures that you can display the correct time in your device once again.
Method 2: Changing Fitbit time from iOS App
The technique which I’m going to highlight now will allow you to change tracker time using the iOS app.
- You have to click the account icon in the Fitbit app.
- Go to the advanced settings option.
- Chances are under the time zone menu; the set automatically option will be active. You have to deactivate it.
- After that, you can tap on the time zone drop-down menu and select the time zone which you want.
- After that, sync your tracker, and it will display the time according to the chosen time zone.
The procedure will not take you more than a couple of minutes. It will allow you to change the time on Fitbit according to the selected time zone.
Method 3: Changing Fitbit time from Android App
If you’re using an android device, the procedure is pretty similar using the Fitbit android app.
- You have to click on the account icon in the Fitbit app.
- You have to visit the advanced settings menu.
- Deselect the automatic time zone option.
- After that, you can tap on the time zone drop-down menu to select the time zone which you want.
- Once you synchronize your device with the app, it will show the time according to the time zone which you have selected.
Thus, if you want to change the Fitbit time from your smartphone, these are the three methods. These methods will ensure that your device displays the correct time.
How to Manually Change the time without a phone?
Instead of waiting to gain access to your smartphone, you can use the methods which I will highlight below to change the Fitbit time.
Method 4: Changing Fitbit time from Windows 10 App
Windows 10 allows you to download apps from the native app store. Fitbit has an app in the Windows 10 app store. If you do not have your smartphone but have a Windows 10 laptop or computer, you can use it to change the Fitbit time. I will highlight the method below.
- You have to open the app store by clicking the icon in the taskbar or click start and search app to find the app store icon.
- After launching the app store, you have to search for the Fitbit app. Once you look at it, you have to click on the Get button, and it will download and install on its own. After the installation, it will give you the option to launch the app.
- You have to click the account icon in the Fitbit app dashboard.
- You have to go to the advanced settings option and click the time zone.
- You have to deselect the auto option and select your desired time zone.
- After that, you need to sync the tracker.
The procedure to change the Fitbit time zone is relatively simple through the Windows app as well.
Method 5: Changing Fitbit time using Fitbit.com Dashboard
In case you’re not on Windows 10 or cannot install the app due to some reason, you can change the time zone from the fitbit.com dashboard as well.
- You have to visit fitbit.com and click on the icon, which is in the form of a gear.
- After that, you have to go to the settings menu and then click on personal info.
- Under personal info, you have to go to advanced settings and select the time zone
- Once you have selected the time zone, you can click submit and after that, sync your tracker.
As you can see, the procedure to change the Fitbit time from the official website is easy as well.
How to switch between 12-hour and 24-hour time format?
Many times, the only thing which you need to change is the format of the time. Fortunately enough, whether you want to opt for a 12-hour format or 24-hour format, it is relatively easy to do so.
Method 6: Changing Fitbit clock format
- The best way to change the clock format is to go to fitbit.com.
- You have to once again click on the gear icon and go to settings and personal info.
- The clock display time option under the advanced settings will allow you to change the clock format.
- You have to select between 2 options, which are 12-hour format and 24-hour format.
- Once you have chosen the setting, you have to click submit, and after that, sync your tracker.
Once you follow this procedure, getting the clock display in the right format is quite easy.
Method 7: Update your Fitbit
If there are a few more glitches in your tracker as well, along with an inaccurate time display, it would be a good idea to update your device. It will ensure that not only those glitches get resolved, but you get the accurate time display as well.
Along with the device, it is better to update the app in your smart hone as well. I will highlight the procedure to do both of these things below.
- The first thing which you have to do is to open the app on your smartphone. In iOS as well as android smartphones, opening the app will display an alert if it needs one. If there is no prompt or alert, you can safely assume that there are no further updates for the app.
- Before you start updating your tracker, it is advisable to connect it to the charger. Updating the device can drain a significant amount of battery. That is why it is best if you compare it to the charger beforehand.
- To update the device, you have to click on the account icon in the app. If you have multiple Fitbit devices, you have to select the right one.
- After that, there will be an update tracker option available if the device is running an older version.
In most cases, when you update the app as well as the tracker, not only the time display gets corrected, but any other glitches which you might be facing would resolve as well. The update does not take a significant amount of time if you have a proper Internet connection.
So, there are multiple ways to change the Fitbit time to ensure that it is accurate. By now, however, you might be thinking, which is the quickest method to do so?
Which one is the quickest method?
The quickest method is to sync your device once again with the app. In most of the cases, it will resolve the glitches with the time zone. It will help you in displaying the precise time in your Fitbit once again.
If the syncing method does not solve the problem, the second-fastest way, which you can go with this to select the time zone from your android or iOS app.
So, if your Fitbit cannot display the correct time, my guide above can certainly help you out. You can choose any of the seven methods depending on your requirements to ensure that your tracker displays the correct time. Incorrect time can lead to inaccuracies and also hamper the tracking feature. That is why it is best to use any of these methods to remedy the problem.